Friday 21 October 2016

Anglianbus Bits and Pieces

YN05HFF beside YN57HPU at Ellough depot in June 2014
As I won't be about to get some photos of the last gas bus workings tomorrow, I thought I would get some last pictures of them in service passing through Gorleston High Street this afternoon

I was a little slow in leaving the library when Scania Omnicity 460 (YN05HFF) passed me on a southbound 61 service to Kessingland. Quite a surprise as the latest fleetlist indicates it as withdrawn! Clearly Anglianbus are looking at resurrecting some of them to replace the departing gas buses

However, as the heavens began to open one of the MAN EcoCity buses appeared on the 71 to Belton in the form of AU62DWG. A lucky shot too as nobody got in the way as I stood undercover

 As I was about to leave my shelter for the car, the rain came down again and I was able to snap WX62HFU stopping for passengers outside the Boots store heading for Market Gates

Finally, I reported that all twelve active examples will be heading south on Sunday; it appears that the withdrawn example will be going too (on a low loader) as a source of spare parts

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment