Monday 9 January 2017

Seek And Ye Shall Find

FJ08FYN on Bernard Matthews duty this afternoon
passing Beach Coach Station in the rain 
Three posts earlier I highlighted the fact that Alexander ALX400 bodied Volvo B7TLs 30887 (W742DWX) and 30902 (W757DWX) had moved from Lowestoft to Great Yarmouth at the year end for contract work as they are no longer DDA compliant. I went in search for one or both of them again earlier this afternoon.

There I was standing on Nelson Road North in the drizzling rain hoping an appearance would be made on the Bernard Matthews workings but alas no show by either with unbranded Wright Gemini 37562 (FJ08FYN) leading the show. The other two were ex First Leicester ALX400s.

Volvo B7TL/ Alexander ALX400 30887 (W742DWX) in the rear yard at Caister Road depot
On my return home, I decided to look in on Caister Road depot's rear yard and I could see a decker peeping over the wall. Yes it was W742DWX, which was keeping company with Plaxton Paragon 20500 (AO02RBX). I have it on good authority that both 30887 and 30902 are living on borrowed time now with a one way journey expected very soon! 

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment