Tuesday 6 June 2017

Compass Bus Depot Visit

I am spending a few days away on south coast based at Worthing in West Sussex. Early yesterday afternoon meant a visit to the Tesco Store at Durrington to pick up some provisions although I managed to escape to the nearby Compass Bus Depot in Faraday Way.



I was welcomed at the offices by friendly and helpful staff who loaned me a hi-viz top for me to look around the yard. Whilst most of the buses were out in service there still were sixteen vehicles present at the site.



Among those there were the two former VDL deckers once owned by Dereham based Konectbus YJ05PXA and YJ05PXB. Others included Enviro200 YX14RZG, Enviro300s MX55NWK and SN61CYY, Optare Solos YJ60KHG and YJ55YGZ, Dennis Dart MX14FUG plus Volvo AA58GHA.



Other deckers were VDL LJ05BNK and Trident LK03CEV.

There was also the opportunity to view a number of the coaches which are normally blocked in or hidden from view and therefore difficult to capture on camera. They were Scanias YN08MPX/Y, YN08HZC and WV52HSX



My thanks to the staff at Compass Bus for allowing me access

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment