Saturday 11 November 2017

Cobholm Scania

With today being the last day of Anglianbus 61 journeys from Great Yarmouth's Market Gates, I thought I would take a couple of photos to record the event.

Anglianbus Scania OmniLink AN61BUS passes the new Tesco store at Jones (GC) Way in Cobholm
As most of my photos of the route have been taken either in Gorleston High Street or at the Great Yarmouth terminus I thought of using alternative locations at Cobholm where I had spent much of my formative years.

The return 14:44 southbound service on Mill Road with the Scania about to turn into Marsh Road
Having lived and attended both junior and infant schools in the area, I knew it quite well and I can remember Caroline Coaches parking some of their coaches (Bedford OB's and Fords especially!) on Coronation Green close to where the owner lived. I also remember the Corporation Blue Bus service number 6 to the old Regal Cinema/Theatre.

From Monday the northern terminus for the 61 will be the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment