Saturday 27 January 2018

Norwich On Saturday

Today called for a visit to the fine city and, being relieved of my shopping duties, I sought out some photo opportunities.

My first photo was of a smart looking First Norwich Red Line bus in the form of 36195 (BN12JYV). The ex First West Yorkshire Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 bodied Volvo B9TL is seen here loading on Theatre Street.

With not much happening in Norwich Bus Station (apart from checking in on Omar!) I headed to St Stephen's Street via Queens Road. Before getting to the former I was quick enough to photo Freestones' YT62HZX negotiating the roundabout on the last leg of its 09:30 M16 Megabus journey from London Victoria Coach Station.

Being starved of Anglianbus activity, I took the opportunity to snap Scania OmniLink 456 (AN61BUS) on an inbound Konectbus 5B city service. Whilst devoid of any fleet names, it still retained branding for the 61 Great Yarmouth to Kessingland service.

Beccles based BorderBus 209 was the next camera subject, complete with its BB59BUS registration. It was observed on Surrey Street with 11:35 146 service from Southwold

I was hopeful of seeing the recent recipient of an Eastern Counties heritage livery (Wright Eclipse bodied Volvo B7L 915 (YG02DLZ)) in service but a report on First Eastern Counties Facebook Group said that it wouldn't be out today. So I had to make do with a photo of sister heritage saloon VW916 (YG02DKU)

An subsequent update on the group said that 915 had been 'filled up ready for service on standby as a spare vehicle'. I thought no more of it until it suddenly appeared on Castle Meadow with the 12:10 Queen's Hill to Thorpe St Andrew 24 route, thereby attracting the attention of my camera. The photo also included 916 as a bonus!

Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment